I had some muffins similar to these at our local health food store. They were so good that I was determined to replicate them. I’ve had a bag of hazelnut meal in my freezer for a year and didn’t know what to do with it. I also had some homemade sugarless blackberry jam that needed using up.
This recipe was a winner!
- 1 ½ cup hazelnut meal/flour
- ½ cup almond flour/almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic Sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) organic butter, melted
- 4 organic, pastured eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Sweetener to taste — about 1/3 to 1/2 cup usually works well – I use Swerve
- ¼ cup organic jam – I use sugarless (sweetened with stevia or erythratol) and homemade
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 -25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Muffins
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Butter a muffin tin. You can also use paper or silicone muffin liners.
3) Mix dry ingredients together well.
4) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
5) Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 with batter, then put about 1 tsp of jam on top of that, then fill all muffins evenly with batter
6) Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.