Almond Flour Pound Cake
This was a very easy to make recipe and absolutely delicious. I usually use lemon and not extract, but the extract really gave it a nice lemony flavor. It would be wonderful with berries and cream as well. This recipe is a keeper, enjoy!
· 1/2 cup organic, pastured butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature
· 1/2 cup organic full fat cream cheese
· 3/4 cup organic sugar or stevia equivalent.
· 5 large organic/pastured eggs, at room temperature
· 2 cups almond flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon organic lemon extract
· 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar or stevia together, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with baking powder. Add egg/butter mixture to flour a little at a time while beating. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.
Pour into greased 9″-10″ springform pan, bundt pan, or 9″ round cake pan and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
You can change flavors for this cake by using different extract flavors.
Makes 12 servings.
Read more, great Fat Tuesday posts here: http://realfoodforager.com/fat-tuesday-may-28-2013/