Asian Chicken Thighs
Found this recipe for Asian Chicken Thighs. I use either one or two packages of TJ’s boneless organic thighs. Usually two as I am feeding a teenager but even then we have some leftovers.
They’re easy to make and really good!
10 boneless organic chicken thighs (our TJ’s carries them)
2 organic garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup organic soy sauce (I use the Gluten Free variety)
2 tbsp organic olive oil
Organic Coconut oil for frying
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chicken thighs
2. Add chicken thighs to mixture, coat them completely and let them marinade for at least an hour. I usually make the marinade an hour or two before dinner and put the marinated in the refrigerator until I’m ready to cook.
3. Add about two tablespoons of coconut oil to a large pot and let it heat at medium temperature for about 5 minutes. You want a nice thick layer of oil on the bottom.
4. Add chicken thighs in batches to the pot and fry. I can fit around 5 in my pan at one time.
5. Cook the chicken thighs, turning them about every 5 minutes. Because of the marinade they have, they tend to get brown very quickly so please turn them often to prevent burning. It takes about twenty minutes for the batch of five thighs to be ready. Then I added the other batch of five and cooked them the same way.
I’ve made them a few times. Have served them with a salad, broccoli with butter and Sauerkraut. They’d be good with rice as well. Enjoy!
Read more, great Monday Mania posts here: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2011/09/monday-mania-9192011/
Read more, great Fat Tuesday posts here: http://realfoodforager.com/2011/09/fat-tuesday-september-20-2011/
Read more, great Real Food Wednesday posts here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2011/09/real-food-wednesday-9212011.html
Read more, great Simple Lives Thursday posts here: http://gnowfglins.com/2011/09/22/simple-lives-thursday-62/
Read more, Pennywise Platter Thursday posts here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2011/09/pennywise-platter-thursday-922.html