I’ve made this recipe a number of times now, and it always turns out great. It’s wonderful served with organic whole wheat (or rice) pasta and organic spaghetti sauce, but they are delicious on their own as well. It’s fairly quick to make and nice enough to serve to company. Enjoy!
* 1 pound organic, grass fed ground beef
* 4 ounces dried bread crumbs – you can use organic whole wheat bread, dried or toasted and ground
* 4 large organic, pastured eggs
* 4 ounces whole raw milk
* 6 ounces grated Romano, Parmesan or a blend of the two
* 3 ounces grated organic Spanish onion
* 2 ounces finely diced organic fresh garlic
* 2 ounces finely chopped organic fresh Italian parsley leaves
* 2 ounces finely chopped organic fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in large bowl. If mixture seems a little loose add more bread crumbs.
Roll meatballs loosely about the size of a golf ball and place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper and then sprayed with an olive oil cooking spray. Place into preheated oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Read more great, Fight Back Friday posts here: http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-july-30th/
Read more great, Pennywise Platter Thursday posts here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2010/07/pennywise-platter-thursday-729.html
Read more great, Real Food Wednesday posts here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2010/07/real-food-wednesday-72810.html