As I’m feeding 3 hungry teenage boys, I look for filling side dishes and this was a great one. I’ve made it a few times now and it’s the most requested dish these days and easy to make as well. Trader Joe’s has a really nice organic pickle relish and an organic yellow mustard, both were a great addition.
Makes 4 Servings
* 2 – 3 pounds young organic potatoes, yellow or red, sliced or cubed
* 2 ribs organic celery, finely chopped
* 1/2 small to medium organic yellow or sweet onion, finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons organic sweet pickle relish
* 1/3 cup organic, preferably homemade, mayonnaise
* 3 tablespoons organic yellow mustard
* Celtic or sea salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes in salted water 10 to 12 minutes, or until just tender. Drain the potatoes and spread out onto a cookie sheet to cool quickly, about 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine celery, onion, relish, mayonnaise and mustard. Combine cooled potatoes with other ingredients.
Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator until just before serving.
Read more, great Fight Back Friday post here: http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-july-9th/
Read more, great Wholesome Whole Foods posts here: http://healthfoodlover.com/hfl/2010/07/wholesome-foods-7-july-9th/
Read more, great Pennywise Platter Thursday posts here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2010/07/pennywise-platter-thursday-78-2.html
Read more, great Real Food Wednesday posts here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2010/07/real-food-wednesday-7710.html