This is the first time I’ve ever made cheesecake. I had to try a NY style recipe as that’s where I’m from, and this was a true New York Cheesecake. Delicious and organic too! The original recipe I used did not mention a water bath so I didn’t use one. The cheesecake cracked but was still delicious. It’s even better after being in the refrigerator overnight. To make a water bath you can put a tray of hot water on the shelf under the cheesecake. I will try that next time.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 7 Hours 30 Minutes
15 organic graham crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons organic butter, melted
4 (8 ounce) packages organic cream cheese
1 1/2 cups organic sugar or evaporated cane juice
3/4 cup organic/raw milk
4 organic pastured eggs
1 cup organic Greek style yogurt or sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose, organic flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in yogurt (or sour cream), vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- 4.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
- 5.Chill in refrigerator until serving. Enjoy!
Read more, great Fight Back Friday posts here: http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-june-25th/
Read more, great Pennywise Platter Thursday posts here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2010/06/pennywise-platter-thursday-624.html
Read more, great Real Food Wednesday posts here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2010/06/real-food-wednesday-62310.html